Recognize Your Club’s Accomplishments!
It is that time of year to apply for awards to recognize your clubs’ 2017 calendar year achievements. The information listed below is to assist you in your award application process. NGC and TGC awards applications are limited to three pages so please consider applying for several! The District II award submittal process is detailed below.
DIST II AWARDS CHAIRMAN Karen Rice (Grapevine GC) 3333 Wilshire Ave. Grapevine TX, 76051 Phone: (817) 416-1739 email: email@example.com
- All NGC and TGC award applications are due Nov 1, 2017 and should be mailed to Karen Rice (see above address). Please include contact information for person mailing the awards (name, phone number, email address, club name). You may also hand deliver applications to Karen at the fall Dist. II convention, or at the Oct. Ft. Worth Garden Club Council Meeting.
- Club Rating Reports are due Nov 1, 2017 and are sent directly to the TGC club rating chairman. Carol Moore 1305 E Neches St., Palestine, TX 75801-4643
- President’s Reports are due Feb 1, 2018 and are sent directly to the Dist II Director Barbara Bateman 317 Harvey Trail, Azle TX 76020
- SCR award applications are due Feb 1, 2018 and are mailed directly to SCR. Bobbie Verser 705 Stagecoach Village Circle, Little Rock AR 72210
- Awards will be processed and judged through the various organizations and results will be announced at the District II 2018 Spring Convention.
- Please note if you submit for a TGC November/December Award submit it directly to the TGC November/December Chairman by January 15, 2018.
- TGC Nov/Dec Chairman is Idalia Aguilar 3071 Thurman Rd, Bryan, TX 77808
- The TGC website http://texasgardenclubs.org/forms/ contains downloadable award applications and instructions.
- The NGC site has a fillable application and a sample application http://www.gardenclub.org/awards/awards-applications.aspx
- National Youth contest information can be found at http://www.gardenclub.org/youth/youth-contests.aspx
NOTES ON THE 2016 AWARDS
- 25 clubs participated in the award application process or gave a donation which received a certificate
- 7 clubs applied for Gold or Silver Ratings
- 12 clubs applied for 73 District II judged awards
- 19 clubs submitted Presidents Reports
- 87 District II certificates for awards were issued
AWARD APPLICATION JUDGING
- Nov 8th (Wed) – TGC Headquarters 9AM – noon
- Nov 10th (Fri) – Grapevine Botanical Gardens 9AM – noon
If you would like to join one of the judging teams please contact Karen Rice. It is a great way to gain insight into the award application process and get to know some of your fellow District II members.